Wednesday 13 April 2022

ποικιλόθρον’ ἀθανάτ’ Ἀφρόδιτα,


Such beauty as must burgeon from Nerites' shell and bone

Being, self nacreous Aphrodite, a never necrotic throne

Pearl! Pity this guileless Soul's God's wily daughter

Fend off Pain as the paideia Pan has taught her.


But come to me, if ever, away from me- far & beyond

Of aggravating cries you grow gravitationally fond.

Come, leaving your palace paternal

& Golden car's guilty circuit eternal


Twisting like Beauty's fowls as but owls trysting

All that is winged or Light's cage resisting

Night's feathered enfranchisement

Minerva as Spite's Advisement


For too fair in promise of a Love freer and gayer

I am mocked by my own answered prayer

Come now and take my first Love's wings

Assist Eros as me or see what she brings.


Solve what to me is dark- but not by compulsion

Bright! Ah e'er  brighter, thou in emulsion!



No comments: