Friday 21 February 2020

Hemlata Suri R.I.P

The Suri surname is quite common among Hindu Khatri families though it can also denote descent from the Muslim, Afghan, Sur tribe to which Emperor Sher Shah Suri belonged. Hemlata Suri, my esteemed English teacher in primary school, was very particular that she be married to a Hindu not a Muslim. This is why she would say 'show me' to any prospective suitor and point in a peremptory manner at his crotch. Such behavior was considered scandalous at the time which is why she remained unmarried. I have recently heard that her fame has spread to America where a State has been named Miss Suri. It is called the 'show me State' in memory of Hemlataji's courageous initiative with respect to a salutary practice which has evolved into the exchange of dick pics between world leaders in a manner which greatly facilitates conflict resolution and promotes world peace.


No comments: