Friday 8 March 2013

Sanjeev Sabhlok vs Vivek Iyer


I will fuck you up- kill your family in front of your eyes and shove them all up your arse- or further up your arse- and I will do this because I am a patriot of Australia- the Earls Court Region having been annexed by Barry Humphrey 40 years ago- and your own arse being well known to be the largest coal producing mine in the world.
True, by my threats, I've tried to tighten your sphincter- but it was only to boost Australian diamond production.
Mind it kindly.
Who wrote that and to whom? Me to Sanjeev Sabhlok. Why?

Well, on his website he published allegations against himself and his father of (that time honoured past-time of the Provincial Bureaucrat from his particular caste and mentality) raping children- AN ALLEGATION HE DID NOT DENY- OR EVEN RESENT! No doubt, Sabhlok thought he was being very clever. He hadn't told a lie and believed that I could be prosecuted for threatening his life just because I said I'd fuck him over and smash his ugly face in and rip various organs out of his chest.
Sadly, the Law does not operate in the way Sabhlok thinks. It is entirely proper for me, a man whom he states in the same blog-post to have been very helpful and intelligent, to address him familiarly and to express my disgust and hatred for his and his father's raping of children. I said I'd kill him myself. As a Hindu, I believe it is usual for people of my station to use such terms as I employed to him to mark my extreme disapprobation of his conduct and my feeling of revulsion and hatred for him and his father.
Was Sabhlok- who tells us he automatically deleted my comments- being disingenuous when he stated that what I said to him in a comment on his blog was a 'Death Threat'? Or was there something more sinister afoot?
By my bringing the child rape charge out into the open now rather than when those best able to prosecute this cunt were fully prepared, was Sabhlok trying to minimize the damage to himself and his family?
If so, his strategy has backfired.
I am not a lawyer or a police-man nor have I the means or the empathic skills to counsel the victims of Sabhlok's crimes.
A senior person contacted me about Sabhlok after he published his unmanly anti-Iyer idiocy. He hastened to assure me that he had the lowest opinion of Sabhlok's intellect and integrity. But were the allegations true?
I append this email exchange with someone Sabhlok professes to admire and which, incidentally, I posted on Sabhlok's blog as a comment but, sadly, like everything not conforming to his World View,  you won't find there now.

to xxxx
I received your facebook message today. Unfortunately, I can’t respond on Facebook immediately and so I choose to acknowledge your message by Email.
I regarded Sabhlok as a harmless nit-wit till he angered the son of a friend of mine, a distinguished lady who had made the mistake of trying to reason with that nit-wit on his execrable blog. Rather than let the younger man- an Economist currently visiting South Asia- get involved himself, I rattled Sabhlok’s cage with the sort of information which comes only too readily to hand for someone of my connections. I didn’t really have much hope that Sabhlok would be foolish enough to publish my comments as he edits out anything which is unflattering to himself. My gamble paid off, because it turns out he has a delusive self image as some sort of martyr of sufficient significance to receive death threats. I thought it worthwhile to pile on the pressure- not so much to make the coward squirm- but in the hope that he will be foolish enough to take legal action or issue a police complaint- both of which gives me locus standi and removes the danger of libel action for the third party I am concerned with. Since Sabhlok is literally incapable of telling the truth, any statement of his would be sufficient to convict him of perjury, bad faith and- since he is bound to dig himself deeper into the mess- a criminal conspiracy to defeat the ends of justice.
I suppose Sabhlok represents a particular type of what Alok Rai called the ‘damaged modernity- at once embryonic and addled’ or the provincial Indian Babu class. I recall reading a novel some ten or so years ago about an Indian bureaucrat- one engaged in extracting bribes out of Schools which don’t have the regulation amount of play-ground space- who is also a sexual pervert who preys on little girls. Perhaps, there is some deeper depth psychological connection between a hateful perversion of that description and Alok Rai’s comic ‘damaged modernity’. What is certain is that a man like Sabhlok does a great dis-service to the liberal cause by his antics. He is now a sort of chamcha of Baba Ramdev.
xxxx
02:50 (54 minutes ago)
to me
Many thanks for your kind and lengthy email. I was asked yesterday by someone close to Sabhlok if I knew whether there was truth to your charges, I replied I did not know; I surmise from what you say that you have wished to merely provoke him.
Cordially,
xxxxx
Vivek Iyer
03:00 (43 minutes ago)
I am afraid that I can’t confirm that. My information is that there are files on this- remember child rape includes things which were not considered such (by reason of ‘habituation to intercourse’ proven by ‘three finger’ test etc)- but I can’t say that to anyone except him without the third party running the risk of getting done on a put-up case ‘libel’ charge.
I don’t give him a clean chit- but I’m not a policeman- it is not my svadharma to track him down and extradite him and so on. The reason I took this action was that a younger man might have gone down that road and he is not a citizen, he doesn’t have my background.
Don’t forget where Sabhlok served. Sooner of later these files are going to come out. At present there is some notion that he has a ‘Protector’- so that was what I was looking for- i.e. evidence of a Coal connection to here in London.
It does not exist- either because I’m too well known here or because Sabhlok is just a nitwit as I thought he was. He isn’t getting paid for making a fool of himself. He just is a fool.
Hope this clarifies matters.
Vivek Iyer
03:15 (29 minutes ago)
Dear xxxx
I should add- if your friend is interested in vetting ex-Babus turned angels for their sordid (hence black-mailable) past- I certainly know a few senior people, whose reputations speak for themselves, who could give assuarances if that is what is called for.
I’ve just turned 50 and I’ve developed my own way of sizing up people. In this case- I think the guy is guilty. But, he’s also stupid. He is easy to manipulate once you understand the root of his Messiah complex. He’s going to put his hands up to the statutory rape charge coz he thinks it’s like what Ayn Rand commands or something equally stupid. The problem is- it isn’t statutory rape- it’s fucking rape and deep down he knows it and his Daddy taught him to do it.
The problem for me is that I’m a Hindu- gunning for this idiot isn’t good karmically. It isn’t even good mental exercise.
best wishes
Vivek Iyer
03:29 (15 minutes ago)
Dear xxxx
Incidentally, I just re-read my original e-mail and can’t see how you could possibly have come to the conclusion that I was simply trying to provoke him.
If I leave a comment on your blog saying I will kill you because you rape children would you publish that comment and then say ‘Iyer is very intelligent’ so- this is all part of some deep scheme- ergo it is a death threat!
No. If you were indeed provoked, you would say ‘I will chastise you for implying that I could ever do such a disgusting action’. You won’t ignore the disgusting part ‘child rape’ to concentrate on the purely phatic part ‘I’ll kill you’. This is because we use the phrase ‘I will kill you’ very often but the phrase ‘you and your father are both guilty of raping children’ very seldom.
I suppose there is a caveat I’d better make explicit. Neither you nor I are policemen. There is no point being manipulated by people who are or have been policemen because, for me, the suspicion will always remain that the fellow will get off lighter if I take action now rather than for the case to hang fire till the right prosecutor comes along.
You say your friend is close to Sabhlok. Is his daughter in danger? Well- maybe. Sabhlok isn’t really aware of what he is doing any more. My recommendation- stay away from the fuckwit.
Cordially
Vivek Iyer

update


  • Conversation started today
  • Subroto Roy

    I was asked my opinion of Sabhlok today as a result of your current interaction with him. My opinion has been negative and remains so. I do not know the factual basis of your interaction with him.
    • Today
    • Vivek Iyer

      Hi, I received your facebook message earlier today and replied by email to your hotmail account.
      I looked up a book of yours and realize I had read it some years back. I have a feeling that you were the young genius my Mum and Dad spoke to me about back in 1977- when my dad came to London as Press Counsellor. My memory is that Dr. Basu- well there was more than one distinguished Basu (as there always will be) at that time- a senior banker, if memory serves me right, sang your praises. I have tender memories of the Bengali intelligentsia of that period- strange that 'gentleman' Jyoti Basu should have turned the succeeding generations into witless thugs- perhaps, this is something you could write about. I was 14 and, till I joined the LSE in 79, for 2 years the Bengali womenfolk- of all ages from grannies to undergraduates- here in London enraptured me in that peculiarly bhadralok manner by which each individual haecceity of feminine beauty and grace was effortlessly transmuted into an shifting and irridescent theophany of the collective Muses. The consequence, of course, is that to this day I have an undying hatred of handsome Bengali boys like yourself. How dare you marry and turn to domestic uses such ethereal beings? Sadly there were no Bengali beauties- or swains come to that- amongst the undergrads at the LSE when I was there- they all went to Oxbridge- which explains perhaps the markedly socio-proctological turn in my poetry and the fact that I am the Zatalli (Gandunama) not the Tagore of my age and milieu.
      In my impecunious Thirties, I used to help foreign diplomats with their PhD theses here in London- this, I felt, was in the Bengali tradition of kids giving tuition to kids- surely an advance on the German Romantic model- and, in the process, acquired a sort of vicarious methexis in Credentialist paideia- but one eliciting cynicism, or Pyrrhonism, to be more precise and this I believe to be the only tenable default position for a community.
      This is a link to my thoughts on Hilary Putnam's senile attempt to do something you did better twenty years ago-http://socioproctology.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Hilary%20Putnam
      Best wishes
      • Subroto Roy

        Many thanks for your kind and lengthy email. I was asked yesterday by someone close to Sabhlok if I knew whether there was truth to your charges, I replied I did not know; I surmise from what you say that you have wished to merely provoke him.
        Cordially,
        Suby Roy
        • Vivek Iyer

          I tend to get a lot of information but in dibs and drabs. I know very little about Bengal and Assam, politics wise but in India everybody knows everybody.
          My guess is that Sabhlok wanted me to play a spoiler because he'd be a batchmate of someone in my network and that this same person or his proxy is the origin of your query.
          Silly me.
          • Subroto Roy

            Hello, may I ask you please delete my words? My style is recognisable easily. Thanks. I would ask our correspondence end on this.
            • Vivek Iyer

              Certainly not. Fuck off.


            • Vivek Iyer

              Well, I've now experientially proved that all Rightwing Hindutva crap-Econ type bloggers are not just well and truly shite but more worthless than the Nehruvian Babus they claim to be better than.
              This includes me.
              Shave your fucking face Subroto, throw away your rudraksha beads and shawl and behave like a gentleman. I personally am undergoing Champagne therapy to get over my hereditary tendency to turn into- well you, you silly old sausage.


            • Vivek Iyer

              Okay- maybe this is a sophisticated Haileybury & Cambridge wind-up- you couldn't possibly be so pompous as to say 'my style is recognisable easily'- could you?
              Urm... sure you could.
              What I don't get about people like you and Sabhlok is your sense of entitlement, your feeling that it engrosses all of the World that you know.
              Rather than resent the politesse of my friendly insult to you- viz. the elaborate suggestion that you are a Bengali mule and your books worthless Babu-ese- you seek to put me in my place.
              What place is that- you worthless Credentialist Cunt?
              Won't you now do the proper Bengali thing and challenge me to a fight?
              I won't hurt you- much.
              Still, a display of spirit would restore you to my good books. BTW my books are good, unlike yours, but you are too stupid to read them.
              Do the right thing, Bengali mule- kick over the traces!- become a good little Jholawallah and be re-admitted to the fold.


            No comments: