Monday 27 August 2012

Gandhi & Ayurveda


Ayurveda , off which Baba Ramdev has grown rich, is the ancient Indian system of medicine based on poisoning people.
 '20% of Ayurvedic Indian-manufactured patent medicines contained toxic levels of heavy metals such as lead,mercury and arsenic 41% of the products tested contained arsenic, and 64% contained lead and mercury. Other concerns include the use of herbs containing toxic compounds and the lack of quality control in Ayurvedic facilities.'

Unfortunately, Mahatma Gandhi was to wily for it to permanently incapacitate him.

414. LETTER TO C. RAJAGOPALACHARI
SEVAGRAM,
January 1, 1945
MY DEAR C. R.,
This is the first letter to you on 1st  January  in  the  place  of
speaking to you. I shall speak only at the time of opening the prayer
at 7.30. My sin in playing with Ayurveda has laid me low. Now I am
weak because according to the law of natural science I am throwing
off the poison. Don’t you be anxious for me.
Love.
BAPU
SHRI C. RAJAGOPALACHARI
BAZULLAH ROAD, THYAGARAYA NAGAR
MADRAS
From a photostat: G.N. 2100
415. LETTER TO DEVDAS GANDHI
SEVAGRAM,
January 1, 1945
CHI. DEVDAS,
Having written my first letter to Rajaji I now write this to you.
Do not at all worry on my account. I am paying for my sins. I had too
much of Ayurveda and I suffered. And now I am slowly throwing off
the poison. I have therefore grown very weak but I am watching the
developments. Hook-worm and amoeba, my old enemies, won’t leave
me.
All this is but flushing out the poison that I had taken. I do not
know what other suffering is in store for me. I shall go on doing as
God dictates.
Blessings from
BAPU  

In contrast to lead and arsenic, Ayurveda declares milk to be a poison. The great and good Menaka Gandhi, proud mother to Varun Feroze Gandhi, who has never drunk milk in his life, which perhaps explains his gentle nature, quotes Ayurveda as saying Milk is 'white poison'. This is a link to her Arundhati Roy like rant against Big Milk- i.e. Dr. Kurien, Operation Flood & the Amul dairy co-operative.
The only way to get rid of corruption is to force all politicians- not just politicians but also Swamis and Babas like that Ramdev fellow- to take Ayurvedic medicines. But, what if that doesn't finish them off?
Perhaps the traditional Indian milk-man, with his proverbial love for his cow, can show us a way forward.


Nandy- But the doodhwalas love their cows. They live off them.
Menaka Gandhi- Have you seen how cows are milked? In the villages they practise phukan. A stick is poked into the cow's uterus and wiggled, causing her intense pain. Villagers believe this leads to more milk. In the cities they are given two injections of oxytocin every day to make the milk come faster. This gives her labour pains twice a day! Her uterus develops sores and makes her sterile prematurely. Oxytocin is banned for use on animals but it is sold in every cigarette shop around a dairy. Every illiterate milkman knows the word. In human beings, oxytocin causes hormonal imbalances, weak eyesight, miscarriages, cancer. Recently, Gujarat started raiding dairies for oxytocin. In one day, they found three-and-a-half lakh ampoules in Ahmedabad alone!


So, now you know. All you need is a stick and somewhere to poke it and wiggle it around. This is the true Go-seva incumbent upon all Hindus.

No comments: